Dim use of abbreviation, and Lunars.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_csmail.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 14:43:59 +0100

Thanks to Mark and TI for the replies about R(aibanth) -- that wasn't intended to be quite so cryptic, I just omitted the prior mention of the name before abbreviating it (or carelessly re-editted the message eliding same, or something). Outside the walls vs. inside, yeah, that'd have been my second guess, honest... More than a little cryptic not to mention this in the book, mind you!

On the meaning of the term Lunar" in the population tables: I thought that ILH itself strongly implied that this mean Lunar _citizen_, rather than (just) initiate of a Lunar cult. (Though perhaps in practice the latter figure tends asymptotically towards the former, given that it has the larger upside, and much the same downside.) Certainly the text is explicit about this when it cites a figure of 10% empire-wide, which would seem to about tally with the provincial break-downs. (Without having actually multiplied them out, let me confess.)

Cheers,
Alex.