[HeroQuest-RPG] How many clans in a tribe?

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_rim.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:32:26 -0400

Graham Robinson writes:
> > There are 24(ish) tribes of Sartar How many clans does each
> > tribe have? And what are the names of all the clans?
>
> The answer is hard to find in a hurry, but the samples we have
> (Culbrea, Colymar, and Lismelder) would suggest that around
> eight is normal. Most of the clans are not named.

Hmmm, let's look at the numbers, then:

           One clan ==    ~1500 people
          One tribe ==  ~12,000 people
   Heortling Sartar == ~288,000 people

That fields a fyrd of about 57,000 armed militia, with about 2,400 people in each tribe's fyrd.

Is that a resonable number? It seems a little shy to me, but I don't have a good feel for strategic level military sizes.

What do the grognards think?

--
Viktor