List Options

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:25:13 +0100

In message Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #393 - 11 msgs, writes

>I can see several possible changes :
>
>1. I can make this fully moderated, and only allow posts which match some
>set of rules that we agree to as to what constitutes an "acceptable" post.
The chances of us all agreeing are fairly slim to start with, so I think that one is a none starter... It would also make the lsit even slower for those complaining about turnround times

>2. I can tell off and (if needed) moderate those posters who continuously
>post overly dull messages. This would probably be in response to a number
>of complaints from other list members.

Almost as awkward, in some ways. People in the past have taken discussions that got too heated or "nit-picky" off line if there were only two or three people arguing, though so it is not completely unworkable

>3. I can fiddle the software so that all messages come in a bunch (normally
>once a day), but in either digest or individual format as desired. This
>*WILL* involve a lot more work on my part...

This would appear to solve the "all or nothing" Digest problem - Doesn't bother me much either way though

>4. I can open it up totally, a la HQ-RPG.

I'm fairly neutral about this one too, Personally it would only be of use to me if it had some form of Web interface, but I am sure that others would prefer it.

>5. I can leave things as they are. We have over a hundred more members than
>HQ-RPG, so presumably I'm doing something right...

not telling them how to unsubscribe ;)

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |