Re: What did the God Learners do?

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:44:58 -0700

Julian

> > What was the worst outrage the God Learners inflicted on your
>> ancestors?
>
> _ They subscribed us to the Glorantha Digest

This is the answer I laughed at.

Donald

> My impression was that the God Learners did a lot of messing about
> on the Hero Plane trying to fit the gods into the right slots but
> not much that directly affected ordinary people.

I don't believe this is the case in Umathela, where they had five "tribes" of storm barbarians which were somewhat distinct from each other (being on different river systems). We know that a clan of Umathelans worshipped "an imaginary deity invented in a God Learner experiment." I think it's reasonable to extrapolate that other clans were involved in similar experiments. (My leap is that almost all clans were. I'm also guessing that the Goddess Switch involved Umathela.)

Keith

> These are great. Are you asking for more ideas because these seem pretty good
> to me. I particularly like "never found out".

Since you're not likely to be in my game, I'll tell you the secret of this one: they were a control group.

But yes, the more ideas the better. Thanks to everyone who replied.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>