No One Knows all the Clans

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:26:29 -0800

Quick reply to one question:

> > There are 24(ish) tribes of Sartar
> > How many clans does each tribe have?

DD replies:

>The population is 180,000 [Genertela Book p.54]. If
>each tribe is equal sized, then each has 7500 people. If >each clan is the nominal 1200 [King of Sartar; Thunder >Rebels p.29], then they'd have 6.25 clans each.

Exactly right of course. The famous "quarter clans" of Sartar. Some of them have only one gender of either child or adults, while others have people that are only 1/4 complete, called the (for instance) "left leggers" or the "right armers," etc. Just kidding. :)

> > And what are the names of all the clans?
No one knows, and I swear tht Issaries will never attempt to list all the clan sof all the tribes. They change, clans come and go, and it would be too much restriction on games to give all that data in an official manner.