Digest format

From: Ian Gorlick <ian_gorlick_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:42:54 -0500

Alison, posting on Ian's list.

OK, my $0.02 worth. I must admit, being as happily ignorant that I am of what it takes to run the Digest, that I didn't realize that there was much hands-on stuff to do. Now that I know, thank you, Graham.

That being the case, let it run as it is. I have no interest in exhausting the nice people who supply my Glorantha fix. The digest format does have a lot of empty print, I agree, but over the years I have become reasonably fast at skimming what I don't need or want to read.

I haven't taken a look at the other HW/HQ list. If it runs just on those rules, I suspect that I won't. That's because we're still firmly stuck in RQIII mode, and quite happy there, thank you. If it covers theoretical ground as well (like how many clans/tribe, which brings population base, etc. into the discussion), then I should probably take a look and see if I like it, too.  And I *know* that Nick would be doing a good job!

As for the esoterica on the RQD, yup, there's plenty from my POV. We didn't get the GRoY, the Entekosiad, or some other of the sources being quoted, because for all the time that we've been playing (close to 20y), it's been in the Sartar/Prax/Balazar regions. Thus, those publications held little interest for us. So lengthy quotes or disputations based on them tend to leave me going, "Wha...?". But that's not enough to make me stop reading. On the contrary, it fascinates me just how far one can go on five sentences from different sources. (I suspect that Greg himself might even take notes for future lore auctions.)

I rest happy in the knowledge that if there is a major topic that I want chewed right through to the marrow, I need only pique the interest of a handful of the Digest scholars, and I'm set. Thank you.