Re: Re: Orlanth is Dead everywhere?

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:26:03 -0700

[Spoilers ahead]

Chris

> > Orlanth is Dead talks about the title event being
>> felt differently outside of Dragon Pass, but it
> > really doesn't say how.
>
> here's what I think happens in Sacred
> Prax and the rest of the Greatlands. First, it is a
> drought year, because Rain Man can't come at all.

Sorry, I often lump both of those into "Prax". I think drought is a great idea, but Heler is not a storm god and thus has magic. (He might not have any in Greater Prax to begin with, but he will in other lands.)

> I think Storm Bull blows west,
> starting immediately (and out of season) and
> continuing for the following year

Yes, this is mentioned.

> every Bullman in the Plaines knows
> that the Bull turned his direction to the west, plus
> secret signs known to the High Llama people, plus
> other secret signs known only to your narrator,
> results in a sizable migration westwards. Sacred Prax
> is flooded with horrible nomads looking to kill
> Outlanders. Conveniently enough, we find some.

Cool. This is really good for Prax, which is the area I'm least interested in :-)

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com