Re: Desperately Seeking Sedenya

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:44:57 +0200

Simon :

> >Unusually, the Higher Goddess takes the name of her
> >current lower being, & not vice-versa. This is because
> >"High Natha" is a High Goddess, and therefore
> >unknowable from the POV of Lunar Philosophy.
>
> But presumably in previous eras other aspects of Natha have been
> the 'current' or 'dominant' one.

Yes, except insofar as "Natha" .is merely a metaphor for a higher Lunar truth.

You shouldn't imagine that the higher Lunar principle is a Nathic one. It transcends all Lunar Forms and Aspects.

> I'm wondering how is the worship of
> Orogeria (say) different now compared to what it was like when she was
> the current aspect? Does it make any difference to the magic or
> practice of her religion?

Definitely.

This is a very interesting historical question, indeed a philosophical Lunar history question, and the people most likely to provide you with a satisfying answer would be Mark, Martin, Peter, Nick, Greg, and Steve.

> I'm also wondering in what ways the worship of Natha now is
> different from what it would be if Natha was not the current aspect.

This is Aspect stuff. Current worshippers of Natha are far more warlike than historical ones, simply because they consider war to be a viable path towards the general Illumination of the Inner World.

Taxes are paid, so who cares ?

> If cults and religions were static that would be fine, but they're
> not. In The Hero Wars era some religions will be changed, others will
> be destroyed. Some magics will stop working and others will be
> discovered.

Yesbut this isn't a merely Lunar feature.

cheers,

Julian Lord