Paging up and down

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:35:47 +0100 (BST)

Me:
> >At least I can judge the interest of a message with
> one click to select it, rather than
> >several to page down and one or two more to page
> back because I missed the divider.

Graham:
> I wonder if this is the difference in how easy
> people perceive the digest
> format. I think most of us that use it click once in
> the message window (if
> needed - Eudora normally just lets you press tab...)
> and then uses the page
> up/down buttons to scroll. Is this a case of the
> computer power user vs. the casual user?

I think it's a case of the tools available. Unless I'm at my home PC, email is accessed through Yahoo's web-mail interface. Reading isn't *too* bad, but replying is done through a rather cute little window that displays 15 lines at once. Moving up and down through even a mere 600-line message takes a lot of time.

You're right though, I should learn to use keyboard short-cuts more often. And sit properly. It would all be better for me. I wonder if using ctrl-F, and pasting the message title I want to find as a search string would work...?

And soon (I hope) I'll have to learn to do all this through a PDA and a mobile phone connection. Yet more joys: but if the alternative is being cut off for a week ...!!! (shudder!)

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer