Re: Babs

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:46:54 +0100

On 12 Apr 2003 at 16:38, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> women are resent for enjoying a happiness that the Babeester
> can never know.

Ah, that's a good one! Lots of story potential there.

> >How do they get on with their companions?
> What companions?

Other Babs followers. There must be *some* interaction between them. Do they go around as loners, stick together, or what? My guess would be that in Nochet, they're used as guards on the Earth temples, and possibly even as individual bodyguards in special cases. There'd be almost a formal organised structure, if only to keep them locked up when they're not being used. And "used" is exactly what's happening, and they know it.

> >Do they ever wish they'd chosen some other career?
> They wish they had a choice.

Oh, yes! Like it! A goddess who is not so much worshipped as blamed.... some sort of weird love/hate relationship. Plus a big dose of self-hatred for being the sort of person who the goddess would do this to in the first place. Hence all the self-mutilation...

Writing this story without getting far too morbid is going to be quite tricky.