Re: Formats and timing

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 12:52:57 +0100

In message Formats and timing, Jane writes

>> The time of the digest is, arbitrarily, noon UK time each day. Why? Because
>> that was the default in the software. If someone has a really, really good
>> reason for me to change it, I will.
>
>Can't think of one, myself. Though I note that in the past it has arrived mid-
>morning,
>and today, I got two!

Yes, If Graham is sending it out at Noon then Scotland must be in a different Time Zone to Birmingham, as I'd estimate it's arrival to be somewhere between 10:30 and 11:30 most mornings... It's hard to be sure, since the "sent Time" that appears in my e-mail program always seems to be the time it actually gets delivered to me - Don't know why this should be, and to the best of my knowledge only applies to the GD (it doesn't apply to the L5R list which is run under Mailman 2.0.13, for instance)...

We know now why the digest is more frequent, and I for one am quite happy with the changes.

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| Curiosity killed the cat - Why? What did it want to know?               |