Green Age Nonpersonality

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:23:45 -0800

Friends,

>From: "Julian Lord" <jlord_at_free.fr>
>
>TERRA, sorry I have no page number for you
>about Green Age Folk having no individual
>personalities.
>
>You should simply ask Greg, and I hope he will
>explain.

This is very simple.
The Green Age is defined as being the time before individual human consciousness. When people begin to differentiate themselves as individuals, as human beings, as gendered beings, as of this or that tribe, as the living or the dead, as the fire people or the pot people or the hut people or the thunder people, then the Green Age ends for them. They are on the way to becoming complete people. Complete people can not exist in the Green Age. If Compelte People "go back" to the Green Age then they are in danger of losing their completeness. Alternately, they are in danger of ending the Green Age for others by imposing their sense of self on the Green Age. This has disastrous consequences for the individual who does it.