Defiance

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:18:16 +1200

Julian Lord:

> > Uleria has a major association with disorder (AR p244).

>ALL Gloranthan Court entities are associated with Ratslaff.

Read the myth before trying to suggest that all Celestial Court members are equally associated with disorder. Uleria's association with disorder goes well beyond what the others (except Ratslaff) did.

>It is IMO stretching things a little arbitrarily to go from
>one myth involving a sexual encounter between Uleria
>and Ratslaff's children to conclude that Uleria has any
>major association with Disorder.

It is not stretching things a little arbitrarily, it is canon. Uleria has a high holy day in disorder week because of it.

> > I am not confusing anything. The distinction is an uncanonical
> > one that you coined.

>Actually, no, it isn't originally my idea.

Yes, it is. I don't see anything anywhere being written about non-disorderly defiant entities. If you want a term to identify some concept then the best course of action is to coin a new word to describe it and say "X are like defiant entities except that..." instead of changing a defined term so that you can just add unrelated entities to it.

--Peter Metcalfe