Uleria

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:38:05 +1200

Julian Lord:

>Me> Read the myth before trying to suggest that all Celestial Court
> > members are equally associated with disorder.

>They were all of them equally affected by Disorder.

No they weren't. Uleria is the only goddess to actually control the boggles while all the others were thwarted.

>Uleria's association with Disorder is no more and no less
>important than her association with, say, Movement,
>or Illusion, or Earth.

So why is her high holy day in disorder week then?

> > Uleria's association with disorder goes well beyond what the others
> > (except Ratslaff) did.

>I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with this.

>Ratslaff caused a huge chunk of indestructible cosmic Law
>to break off the Mountain, thus ruining it forever. (snip more in
>the same vein

Read what I wrote again. I specifically excluded Ratslaff from the comparison.

> > Uleria has a high holy day in disorder week because of it.

>According to that old, sometimes erroneous, write-up :

>"Uleria is worshiped every day, in some temple somewhere in the world. Her
>special festivals fall on the second week of each season, and last all
>week long."

Derived from a draft version of Gods of Glorantha. When GoG was given a major rewrite and published (instead of 20 longform cult writeups, there were now 60 shortform cult writeups), the Ulerian High Holy Day fell on Gods Day of Disorder Week with the statement that this caused consternation among the God Learners.

Hence the connection with the myth of Uleria and the Boggles is plainly intended and thus Uleria is affected by disorder.

>The second week of each season is HARMONY week, Peter,
>NOT Disorder week.

Whereas Uleria is a fertility goddess, a clear sign that the writeup (with attending Harmony runes) was in error.

--Peter Metcalfe