RE: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #414 - 6 msgs

From: Antonio Alvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:35:51 +0200

Charles Corrigan in HeroQuest-RPG list

>The Underworld (like the Hero plane) is mixed (*3), though some
>sections are more strongly aligned with one of the Philosophical
>worlds (again the same as the Hero plane). But the trolls and elves
>and probably the other elder races (but not dragons and their kin)
>are associated with the Underworld rather than a Philosophical world.

Julian Lord
> There is a huge number of Hells and Underworlds.

Hum... I'm a bit confused with the Underworld/s. At least I can see three different meanings of 'Underworld' (and the same thing for the Sky World). I will tell you because I don't know if I'm wrong.

(1)-The Underworld as an Outer World, an 'almost geographical' location
(Altinela, Luathela, Sky World, etc). Of course, it's mixed.
(2)-The Underworld as a place for ancient myths, which is in the Hero Plane
(for example, you re-enact the LBQ, you are in the Hero Plane and you go to
the Underworld. It's also mixed.
(3)-The Underworld as a trascendent Other World (I mean, part of Spirit Plane, Divine Plane, Sorcery Plane), which is perhaps a deeper level than (1). There would be a lot of differents Underworlds: Subere's Realm or Ty Kora Tek's, etc. I'm not sure if it's mixed althought Narrator's book seems to say that some creatures and demons may travel between differents underworlds.

Regards,

Antonio