Merchants and Hyena skin

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 11:25:28 +1200

Leon Kirshtein:

>Why are none Issaries worshippers, like Argan Argar and Etyries bound to
>return pieces of Genert to the Wastes? How exactly is this accomplished?

I assume you are referring to the Corflu Etyries merchant? My guess is that he followed a subcult common to both Etyries and Issaries (call it Daughter of Issaries) that aided commerce between Lunar and Orlanthi. Unknown to him, this also conferred the Hyena skin geas.

I don't think ordinary worshippers of Etyries and Argan Argar are at all affected by the geas (otherwise it would be a simple trick to get rid of all such worshippers).

--Peter Metcalfe

End of Glorantha Digest