RE: Mundanity, Etyries, etc.

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 14:22:23 -0700

"Nick Brooke" <nick_at_etyries.com>:

> For convenience, I'd assume the Etyries priest in question (the chap
> Biturian Varosh encountered in Corflu) had at some previous point in
> his career heroquested to "prove" a relationship between Etyries and =
> Issaries
> (cf. David Dunham's post last digest). These things cut both ways. The
> alternative (that Etyries priests are tied to some weird myth they've
> = never
> heard of) is way too confusing for me.

Or another possibility--the Etyries fellow originally was an Issaries priest, and became Lunarized? Perhaps he escaped divine retribution by the sort of heroquest you describe (which let him escape the status of apostacy, since he'd "proven" that Etyries "really is" a subcult of Issaries). There might even be an entire Etyries subcult which follows this POV, and thus has nice, simple rituals to bring Issaries converts in (this cult would presumably be based in some conquered Orlanthi land, like Tarsh).

But the downside is, since he's magically treating Issaries and Etyries as the same religion, he can get caught by specifically-Issaries restrictions--like the Genert quest.

End of Glorantha Digest