Oddi Ralzakaaksbane

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 20:04:52 +0900

 Saga of Oddi Ralzakaaksbane
(That is why there is no record in Lunar Annals)

"Even if it meant following the madman. Such was the nature of the times."

"I don't know why Orlanth cursed us so severely even if Lokamayadon, the
Ancestor of Talastari, made such betrayal to the God...."(Oddi the Keen)

 Ketil saw the divination from his God, Orlanth. That was the same as the God heard when he asked the White Goddess where they should go in the start of LBQ....

"Follow the way of Flesh Man."

 Since the Illumined Uroxi King Oddi decided to follow the expedition of Ralzakaak's Chaos Horde, he found his all his subjects reigned wisely and prosperously in the previous 5 years, decided to follow him even if he is also of Chaos....Oddi knew that that decision risk their own soul to void and Apostasy, he knew that there is no other choice between growing powers of Hammer and Anvil.

 But desperate Oddi didn't know how severely Orlanth cleanses their invisible taint and what he wants to do.

 He and Ketil found the forefront of Ralzakaak's Horde the Leader of Greyskins, Mad Sultan, Ketil told his vision to his Liege-Lord and Oddi realised what he might follow....but they are wrong, for they thought they were going to attack the Satrapy of Sylila and Yanoriat-Ilart, but Ralzakaak was far more vicious and cruel beyond their foresight. Before they realised, they and the Army of Bilini already got lost their way inside the lunatic dream of Mad Sultan.

 They realised they are going unknown, Devastated Land of Saird, ravaged by Horse Nomads, Oddi soon recall his friend, Paulis Longvale's tale about Sheng Seleris and Mad Sultan, they got lost their way in the past! Oddi gradually understand the plot of Ralzakaak the Broo King, for he feared the return of his masters, Nysalor and/or Arkat, as an incarnate of Wolf-Bear. He knew Mad Sultan knew his way going back to the Ancient Rinliddi, where he met Rufelza and Crimson Bat with his Army, there Ralzakaak can find his master.

 He could hear the mock and sneer of Ralzakaak while they are inside of Tork binding by Jannisor's Magic, for he understood the Broo King didn't expect, or didn't want to return their Army, and Oddi saw the devoted faces of his followers....only Ketil has common knowledge about them what occured, and when Ketil was killed in the march into Rinliddi, Oddi also saw the vision, Angered Face of Bull God and his little Brother, Orlanth.

"That was the Curse upon us when Loko Moko betrayed his Lord-God."

 Ketil died at night, cursing his God.

 And finally, one by one the warriors of Bilini died in the Red Light, Oddi saw the man who held the White-beard, he somehow realised the man's face, Loko-Moko the Betrayer, inside the glowing planes of Sky,

"O, I see the High Wind of Tarumath, may I ask a question, my
Great-Grandfather? Why the God hates us?"

"Because he foolishly believes that only through hardship and death, you
can clease your soul and inherited soul of betrayal. Come here, my grandson."

"Oh, I cannot follow your way, for I saw my God, Sacred Urox forbid your
way, begone to the horizon of Chaos, I feel your Taint!"

"But you know your life and deeds all went meaningless, as your army all
died in the Nightmare of First Sultan of Rinliddi. See Here!"

 And Oddi saw the Mad Sultan was finally liberated at the hand of Red Goddess blissfully inside of his Madness, and he saw the Rufelza's eyes directed toward him.

"Come here, my grandson."

 But Oddi saw the opposite side of the Valley, saw the Great Urox folding his arms, and Oddi grasped the hilt of His Sword, Ironbreaker. And he saw the ridiculing face of the Unicorn Broo beyond his God.

"I know it is meaningless, but I must stop his laughing!"

 And he went go forward the folding of Urox, and beyond his Shortworld, he saw his devastated land betrayed by Ralzakaak. Oddi drew his Sword and ran off to the End of the World.

 History of Talastar "Saga of King Oddi, Ralzakaakbane"

  Reference [Dorastor: Land of Doom (Talastar Paper), Lords of Terror, the Fanzine Book of Drastic Resolutions: Darkness], Tome 3-1

  Andini?[TR]
  Valarastans? (in Broken Council Setting, he is Aggari King, if so, he might be Vingkotling...and not of other sub-groups. But see Jeff Richard's Rastalulf's Saga, in this story, certainly Talastari was different group of Heortling.)

  Lokamayadon (Loko Moko) (In BCG, he is a grandson of Valarastans and a stock of Bilinings) See Peter Metcalph's Tarumathi article: http://glorantha.kondalski.org/g9index/1895.html

  Talastar Elf Kingdom (See Fortunate Succession 1st Age Elven Forest: p.18 (Rabid Expansion of Forest in Western Peloria) ->First Age Gbaji War, and Fall of Talastari Elf Forest by a troll hero, Alwoon the Poet (Troll Pak: Uz Lore), and Moonburn in 3rd Age, Rist Forest (See below about Hellwood Krjaki: Illuminated Elves)

  Arkat and Hero Distan (Ancestor of Bolthor Brighteye) Sword Ironbreaker     Curse of Talor: Telmori, Curse of Arkat: Dorastor and Talastaring? (Romantic POV of TI)

  Empire of Wyrm's Friend
   Hero Iddi and Dragon Scorch?

  Kingdom of Highking Alakoring ->Alakoring ?(though Talastari might not be Heortling....)

  Carmanian Hero Survilster's Half-independent Domain

  Saird Kingdom of Verenmars

  Intervention of Godlearners (Rebirth of Ralzakaak)

  Red Moon Rising: Castle Blue and Karsten's Failed Attempt to LBQ

  Bilini Kingdom (Appeasers (pro-lunar) and Traditionalists (anti-Lunar))     Bolthor and Oddi the Keen (Whiteshirt Day and Amnesty of Red Emperor)

   Hrodar 1595-1605 D Red Emperor Agents    Eric 1605-1611 D Ketil
   Hakon 1611-1621 D Hahlgrim
   Bolthor 1622-1625? D Ironbreaker (Hahlgrim)    Oddi 1625?-1630 D Ralzakaak
  (Ketil 1630-? (Saga of Gwandorling: Martin Laurie's Unofficial Argrathi Affairs))

http://www.celtic-webs.com/glorantha/campaigns/gwandor/saga/intelligence1634 .html

  Neighbor Lands

    Anadikki
    Dara-Ni
    Skanthi
    Aggar
    Lakrene
    Sylila
    Dorastor

 Dorastor
  Unicorn Broo Emperor Ralzakaak
  Telmori Pure Ones and Cursed Ones (Talor Curse)   Spider Folks
  Poisonthorn Elves and Hellwood Krjalki Elves (Illuminated)

  Reminiscences of Paulis (Hahlgrim War)  Paulis Longvale
  [Batman: Life of Moonson LARP unofficial setting] http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/moonson/paulis-longvale.htm