Hyenas and Issaries

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 23:53:18 +1200

Jane Williams:

> > I don't think ordinary worshippers of Etyries and Argan Argar are at all
> > affected by the geas (otherwise it would be a simple trick to get rid of
> > all such worshippers).

>You mean the same way it's a simple trick to get rid of all Issaries
>worshippers?

It's specifically associated with Garzeen worshippers while members of Harst or Goldentongue are not affected. Hence I doubt that mere worshippers of Etyries or Argan Argar are subject to the geas.

Leon Kirshtein

>For the second part of my question. What do the Issaries initiates have
>to do with the hyena skin? I know they take it into the Wastes ... and
>then what?

Their death is the most usual outcome.

>Is there a hero quest/ceremony they do in some location? Do
>they just throw it into Generts Well? Thanks in advance.

The geas is to resurrect the whole god. I assume the hyena skin is a magical map in which they valiantly attempt to decipher (and fail miserably)

--Peter Metcalfe