Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #426 - 6 msgs

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 13:30:51 +0100

Donald Oddy:

>According to Cults of Prax, Etyries merchants as well as Issaries ones
>are obliged to return pieces of Genert. Other merchants are not so
>obliged because it is a cult specific obligation inherited by Etyries
>because that cult was derived from Issaries. In actual fact only the
>Garzeen and Goldentongue devotees are so obliged, Harst devotees are
>not.

If this is indeed a generic Etyries curse, then the last part is somewhat problematic. While the subcults of Etyries have yet to be officially published, I think its safe to assume that they won't directly parallel the Garzeen/Goldentongue/Harst scheme, so how would this distinction apply to them? It seems to me more likely that its only Etyries merchants who have converted from Issaries (Garzeen or Goldentongue subcults) that are affected.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic