Re: Garzeen Curse

From: Ian T <pelgrane_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 13:35:37 +1000 (EST)

Hi Folks

My take on this from the time I discussed it with Greg and Mark and others (and bearing in mind their ideas may change) whilst writing up the Issaries Cult for ST:

There is a subcult of Etyries that got itself involved in trying to fix the Garzeen curse and prove their superirority. They underestimated the dangers of messing with Green Age magics and only succeeded in bringing the curse down onto themselves as well

The hyena skins can be taken to an oasis called Singing Trees. There is a temple to Caarith there and the Desert Trackers can perform a ceremony to send the skins to the Growing Ground. The Growing Ground is not at this place, and the D Trackers don't know how to reach the Growing Ground. Most who take skins into the desert without getting the help of the Trackers organization never get anywhere, they just die

Goldentongue's are not obliged to take skins into the Wastes. They hear the call that curses the Garzeens but do not need to follow it. This is official AFAIR

I seem to also recall that Greg told me the curse is Prax specific and doesn't work outside of what was Genert's Garden. But I could be wrong here, or perhaps it is an idea that changed. Still, for my part I don't think a Hyena skin in the far west of Genertela (say Sog City) would have any effect on a Garzeen

cheers

Ian

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Mobile - Check & compose your email via SMS on your Telstra or Vodafone mobile.