Question(s)

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 23:01:49 -0500

If you were new to Glorantha, and wanted to start a campaign for people who=  have had no exposure to Glorantha, but had access to all published=  Gloranthan settings (official or unofficial),
  1. Which one, if any, would you choose?
  2. If you chose NOT to go with a previously-established Gloranthan setting,= which non-published area would you go with?

Please explain your reasoning. (As if I had to say that!)\

Personally, I'd choose either the Pavis/Big Rubble books, or Griffin=  Mountain. Pavis/Big Rubble because there's a lot of material available,=  and it's not too dissimilar from other FRPGs in many ways, and it's a good=  intro to Gloranthan weirdness. Griffin Mountain because hey, anybody knows=  how to play a primitive hunter, and it's also a good intro to Glorantha,=  and the format makes it adaptable for almost any level of gamemaster.

Guy "D5X" Hoyle.

Always choose the option that'll most likely blow up in your own face. You=  never know when a tribe of werebears is going to want to skin you alive,=  for instance. Those are the Munchausenesque moments you can brag about=  over beer for years.

Of course, sometimes you get bitten by vampires infected with bubonic=  plague, but on the whole, you have a great time.

End of Glorantha Digest