Icelandic Law

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_iprimus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 14:52:59 +1000

> >>And Orlanthi Heortlings is those two different groups into one. IMHO.
> >>And in RW Iceland, I know the Collapse of Republic was at the
> >>Assassination
> >>of Snorri, isn't it a proof of the history such system doesn't work long
> >>well.....? (Of course, it is Fantasy.....but....)

Whoa! Icelandic law had plenty of unique characteristics, as did Icelandic society. (Godar for one, a complete lack of clans for another). It was a social experiment, settled by disaffected Scandinavians and their Celtic slaves. I'd be very careful about claiming it as typically Viking, or Germanic.

John
(catching up on his Digest reading)

End of Glorantha Digest