Where in Glorantha

From: Richard Crawley <RichC_at_SYPTE.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:01:10 +0100

> 2) If you chose NOT to go with a previously-established Gloranthan
> setting, which non-published area would you go with?

I went with Corolaland when I had a bunch of Glorantha newbies to = introduce.
Although Corolaland is in East Ralios and surrounded by explicitly = Orlanthi
lands (Delela and Saug I seem to remember), I could find nothing, in the material I had, to rule out my version. This had a chain of Malkioni colonies in valleys along the west side of the mountains separating = Halikiv
from the rest of the East Wilds.

My players were introduced to an isolated culture built mostly on early medieval analogues and anly later got to deal with Trolls, Orlanthi and finally Safelstrans.

Another stand-alone game I wrote for newcomers (but ended up using with experienced Gloranthaphiles) had the player characters as Fronelan = Telmori
Pure Ones. This gave me the opportunity to give them a short but = intense
introduction to their own unique culture and only the most one = dimensional
briefing on the surrounding humans.

Richard Crawley

#########################################################################=
#####

South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive Head office: PO BOX 801, Exchange Street, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 = 5YT, UK
Phone: 0114 2767575
Fax: 0114 2759908
Web: www.sypte.co.uk
Confidentiality Notice: This email transmission may contain confidential = or legally privileged information that is intended only for the = individual or entity named in the email address. If you are not the = intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, = copying, distribution or reliance upon the contents of this email is = strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email transmission in error, please reply to = the sender, so that SYPTE can arrange for proper delivery, and then = please delete the message from your inbox. Thank you.

#####

End of Glorantha Digest