Theya and people of Dawn

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 20:35:40 +0900

Hello, Josh:

I am not sure, but Theya is Goddess of Dawn, and one of the name of "Jumpers", Four Celestial Bodies of Glorantha sky. (Others are Rausa (west), Kalikos (north), Erindamus (south, invisible). And theyalans call them "the people of Dawn" for commemorating their main God, Lightbringer's victory by the Dawn. I don't know how dara happans defined Theya, see King of Sartar, the Goddess of Dusk was called a daughter of Yelm in Orlanthi Mythology.....

(I assume that it is the Godlearner technic that was equated her with Vithelan Goddess Thella, the Dream-Magic Goddess who opposes the Lord of Iradgenderi, Avanapdur.)

> Message: 7
> From: "Josh Reynolds" <osentalka_at_hotmail.com>
> To: glorantha_at_rpglist.org
> Subject: Explain 'Theyalan', please
> Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:50:11 +0000
>
> Could someone please explain 'Theyalan'? I know the common calendar is
> called that (Narrator's Book p. 113), and it is also apparently a language
> family ("Sun Domers speak Pavic, a dialect recognizably Sartarite, a
> Theyalan tongue..." RoC p. 24). Is this the culture of the First Council?

I want to agree with you, but don't have self-confidence. At least, most of Orlanthi in Genertela speak Theyalan. Maybe it spread with missionary of First Council.

Regards:
TI