Truth?

From: Herbert Nowell <herb_nowell_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:18:52 -0400

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>

>The God Learners being aware of the multiple true accounts tried to
>find a Higher Truth by distilling all the myths that they had into the
>Monomyth. Although this worked, bad things happened to the God
>Learners and so people believe that the Monomyth is Not True.

Hmmm...while I've speculated and given up on the GL secret (and figured the one floating around the net a few year's back was the best guess)...could the Monomyth itself be their secret...could their secret have been the Platonic Truth about Glorantha...given mythology in Glorantha functions specifically because the Monomyth is not true (or at least not known) a known Monomyth would destroy Theistic magic (and probably sorcery and animism as well...mysticism is up in the air given I'm still trying to figure out Greg's definition). Thus the world's reaction to the God Learners is understandable (as is why they were such a threat).

And, appropriated, the web speculation I read meshes nicely with this idea.