Re: Help. Don't get it. Never really got it...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 22:50:17 +0100

In message <9BB3B2EEBB985A4E9FC2974B0AB5BBE816B657_at_exchil03>, Michi Kossowsky <michi_at_isdn.net.il> writes
>So, problem one is - there is somewhere a single, true accounting of what
>happened. Mortals may not know it. The gods themselves may not know all of
>it, but it exists. What is it? Where can I find it?

By Coincidence, just found the following in "The Science of Discworld II: The Globe" (Pratchett, Stewart & Cohen)

"This isn't one of those either-or choices: We are not obliged to accept one theory to the exclusion of the other, And this is a point we should make very firmly, for this and many other theories: things happen, all over the place and apparently in some confusion, and afterwards mankind goes and chops it all up into 'stories'. We need to do it like that that (sic), but occasionally we stand back and realise what we are doing."

This seems to be equally true of Gloranthan myths...

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| Everything I tell You Three times is true                               |