An Orlanthi Tale...

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:49:06 +0100

An Issaries trader, on his way to the Jonstown market got stopped by a Lunar Soldier who started to question him about who he was what he was doing and where he was going, and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the trader uncomfortable. Finally the soldier demanded to search the traders cart, and as he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head.

The trader said, "Having some problem with circle flies there, are ya?"

The soldier paused and said, 'Well yeah, if that's what they are. I never heard of circle flies."

So the trader says. "Well, circle flies are common on farms. See, they're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a cow."

The Soldier says, "Oh," and goes back to searching the cart. Then after a minute he stops and says, "Hey, wait a minute, are you trying to call me a cow's arse?"

The trader says, "Oh no officer. I have too much respect for the Lunar Empire and it's officials and servants to even think about calling you a cow's arse."

The Soldier says, "Well that's a good thing", and starts to step away from the cart, and the pile of goods he has strewn across the road.

After a long pause the trader says, "Hard to fool them flies though."

--

| Tim Ellis EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations? |