Gods' social lives, the LBQ

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:21:12 +0100 (BST)

> From: "Michi Kossowsky" <michi_at_isdn.net.il>
> To: <glorantha_at_rpglist.org>
> Subject: More "help!"
> Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:10:53 +0300

> Another you guys are talking about that I don't get
> - the great compromise
> froze the god's ability to change? They don't have
> free will? Really? So what do they do all day?

The same as they've always done. If they've always spent the day weaving, they weave. They can't learn knitting (though I suppose someone could discover that one of their daughters does knitting). They definitely can't decide that raiding would be more fun.

(Though I suspect that "can't" is actually "have promised not to".)

> I just don't see how a sentient being can't change.

Take a good look at much of the supposedly sentient human race, and be very depressed.

> Is there a detailed epic of the Lightbringer quest
> published anywhere?

King of Sartar is the most detailed version I know of, but I have an idea it got reprinted somewhere in the HW books. (Don't have mine to hand to check this).

Depending on why you're looking for it, you might find the (unofficial, of course) Life-bringer's Quest aka Ernalda's side of the story to be of interest: http://www.williams.nildram.co.uk/gloranth/elbq.htm (if you have a use for it, take a copy: that web-site's dying).

Yahoo! Plus - For a better Internet experience http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/yplus/yoffer.html