More answers

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:47:15 +1200

Michi Kossowsky

>If gods aren't a manifestation of our collective consciousness, and they
>really do exist independently, how the heck do you go and make a god, the
>way the EWF did?

The EWF didn't make Gods - they made Dragons. But more importantly creating something does not mean that it always exists as a manifestation of collective consciousness. Is a painting not real because it was created?

>I mean, where did Gbaji come from?

The pseudocosmic egg, a real artifact of power.

>I understand the Moon
>Goddess better, in that the 7 mothers started off with some raw material,
>right?

The Seven Mothers started off with a ritual which they thought would bring ruin to the Carmanian Empire. But they ended up bringing a great blessing as well.

>Another you guys are talking about that I don't get - the great compromise
>froze the god's ability to change? They don't have free will? Really?

Yes. They fossilized their own existence within the Cosmos to preserve it and themselves. They can only react to unusual change (i.e. that not decreed by the Compromise - such as the Sun rising and setting) and not initiate it.

>Can the gods talk to each other?

Yes, if they are within the same pantheon.

>How does Malkion deal with there being all these pantheons wandering
>about?

He inhabits a different realm than the Gods.

>Do the Kralori dragons interact with the Praxian deities...?

Usually the interaction is hostile.

>Is there a detailed epic of the Lightbringer quest published anywhere?

King of Sartar.

--Peter Metcalfe