Re: More "help!"

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_cgi.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:03:31 -0400

> The Gods are outside time, and lack the free will to change themselves.
> "What do they do all day?" is pretty much meaningless - gods don't
> experience time - that's a mortals only thing. Indeed becoming a god begins
> with losing the effects of time on yourself. (cf. Hill of Gold, passim.)
> Gods do still have desires, and do still communicate with their
> worshippers. I don't think its unreasonable to suppose that some gods
> *want* to change, but they must effect that change via their worshippers.
> i.e. In Holy War and HeroQuest. So, it isn't that Gods don't change, its
> more a case that the timeless gods only change through interaction with
> mortals. Worshippers and HeroQuesters provide the time that Gods need to be
> able to change.

There IS a time when the Gods (etc, etc) can act: That is when their part of the Great Compromise is in danger. We'll see a little bit of that in HeroQuest during the 'Fish Rain' scenario (only a few more weeks).

But they are outside of time, yes. In the God Plane its a 'timeless now' - an 'its always been this way.' Not really readily comprehensible, I fear.

> > How does Malkion deal with there being all these
> >pantheons wandering about? Do the Kralori dragons interact with the Praxian
> >deities...?

Each Godworld is separate (ish). The Sorcery plane of Malkion (and the other essences) is separarte entirely from the God World and both are separate from the formless Spirit World. All of them colide on the HeroPlane and all of them make up Glorantha.

Greg's essay 'The World Is Made of Everything" http://www.glorantha.com/new/everything.html does help a bit.

> >Is there a detailed epic of the Lightbringer quest published anywhere?

Nope. Though Greg did mentino it would be hundreds of stations if it did at tentacles. THat's one reason why its so complex and difficult to perform.

Parts of it can be done though, like the Westfaring across the Ocean.

Hope this helps!

Jeff