RE: Goblins

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:23:17 +0100

Chris asks:

> Is there such things as goblins in glorantha?

Yes. Several unrelated creatures are called 'goblins'.

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd1/1994.12/0433.html

These include (but are not limited to):

  1. red elves from the swamps that border Pamaltela
  2. a sub-species of (chaos-tainted?) trollkin
  3. speedy demons of darkness tied to Ethilrist's Cloak

Some people think 2. and 3. are related. (I don't).

The ones you mention from Than Ulbar may be related to one of the above, or something altogether different. (Why not go there and find out for yourself, o Best Beloved?) ((Because it's SUICIDE!!))

> Was there any other references (or RuneQuest stats)
> published for goblins?=20

RQ stats for 'goblins (1)' were published in the Glorantha Bestiary.

RQ stats for 'goblins (2)' were published in Wyrms Footnotes: here's more or less everything *but* the stats from that article: http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd1/1997.03/0474.html

HW stats for 'goblins (3)' were posted to the Digest by Simon Bray: http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/gd7/2000.08/7310.html

A search for 'goblins' using the 'local archives' quick search at http://glorantha.temppeli.org/search.php will turn up more food for thought.

Cheers, Nick