Re: help

From: jlord_at_free.fr
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:50:23 +0200 (CEST)

Graham :

> You appear to want to know answers from a point of view outside
> Glorantha.
> That viewpoint doesn't exist. Glorantha has always been developed from
> the
> inside only. We, as outsiders, may know more than any Gloranthan *does*
> but
> we don't have any answers that a Gloranthan *couldn't* know.

I'll quibble with that, although only in a minor way, because there is a crucial difference between what we can know and they can : we can know (or decide in our Gloranthas) an entire range of answers and realities pertaining to Glorantha that no Gloranthan could possibly know, it's true, but more importantly our vision of Glorantha is firmly based on the written word and therefore constitutes positive *knowledge*, whereas an actual Gloranthan would, because of the possibility of HQ challenges et cetera, be forced to base his belief system on faith, even if this is just faith that his gods are actually what they present themselves to be, ie "Orlanth is the King of the World" for example ; the Lunar Empire is challenging this assertion...

Julian Lord

End of Glorantha Digest