King of Dragon Pass on 5000 year old operating system

From: Mittmann, Mike <Mike_Mittmann_at_affymetrix.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 07:54:02 -0700

David Dunham wrote:
> Michi
>
> > I don't suppose you would consider making an RPG a la <insert
> > turn-based isometric crpg here>? I am sure you have been asked this a
> > zillion = times.
>
> I'd be happy to. Especially if you help find me the $1 million it
> takes to create such a game...

I'd like something that is probably much cheaper to produce, A scenario book with everything (or at least 90%) of King of Dragon Pass. Include all of the minor scenarios, and a whole bunch of charts saying scenario A leads to B leads to C, with branch points and rough probabilities.

I could have my players run two sets of characters, one of elders, and another of young punks.

I'd also love a coffee table book with the art. ("you discover a duck village, here is what it looks like")

I've spent some time playing the computer game, and I love all the details, and the heroquest stories, and the art, but I just can't convince my brain to take computer games seriously.

Alternatively, just add a hundred hours documenting the source code, and sell it for the same cost as the game, and I'll extract the scenarios out of the code. (But I would guess that that is a smaller market:-)

-Mike