Independent Gloranthan Publishers & an Awards Announcement

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:00:23 -0400

Hello all,

There are three main independent publishers of English language Gloranthan material: Tradetalk, Unspoken Word, and Moon Design. We collectively refer to ourselves as "Independent Gloranthan Publishers" and will be using an "IGP" logo on our future products. I can speak for all 3 of us when I say that submissions of art and articles are always in short supply. Our capacity to publish is greater than the supply of submissions. In short, we'd publish more if people submitted more for us to publish.

At the Tentacles Convention just a few weeks ago we held our first awards ceremony to honor some of the longstanding and prolific contributors of art and articles. We gave out 7 awards, and look forward to giving out more of them as we actively and continually strive to publically thank the authors and artists who make our publications possible. The seven award recipients are:

Shannon Appelcline
Nick Brooke
Dario Corallo
John Hughes
Peter Metcalfe
Jamie "Trotsky" Revell
Ian Thompson

Simon Bray, Mark Galeotti, Ingo Tschinke and I greatly appreciate all they have contributed over many years and look forward to publishing more of their excellent work in the years to come. Nick and Dario were present at the awards ceremony and received their Greydog Designs necklaces in person. For the other 5 we are sending their necklaces to them by post. The necklace pendants feature the classic "mobility" rune, which symbolizes what our independent Gloranthan publications are all about: freedom, change, movement, and epic adventure.

Cheers,
Rick Meints
Moon Design Publications