Enlo strike back!

From: Ian Gorlick <ian_gorlick_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:12:11 -0500

Joe Mills, "And there are some trollkin that cause trolls trouble. At least, in my game they do!".

  By the blessed Kyger Litor, they did in ours, too! Of course, they were in a home cave system, they had a KL and XU priestess as allies, and a 'kin KL initiate to lead and organize them, but Durt, Duzt, Dreggz, Deetrytuz and crew did very well against the ZZ bullyboys who came down to have themselves an uppity enlo barbeque!

  You have to figure that enlo, when on the attack, bring ambush to a very fine art. I doubt that many do well unless they do have the moral and magical back-up of at least some uz, either a dark troll mother who trains her own offspring, or a 'kin who makes troll officially as a KL initiate and is therefore obviously quite special.

  Quick question - are enlo even considered capable of having living offspring themselves? If they can, then furtive colonies of free-living enlo might exist. They'd have a lot of trouble hooking up with KL, etc., unless their founders were specials and honourary uzdo, but it might work.