Enlo Strike Back!

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:11:43 -0700

Donald R. Oddy wrote:

> So if a group of trollkin get adopted by an Orlanthi clan and Ernaldan
> magic allows them to reproduce over several generations what do they
> become? Or more generally what are uz who have lost the tie to Kyger
> Litor?

Last question first--if trolls lose their connection to Kyger Litor, I think they end up losing either the Man rune or the Darkness rune (to put it in RQ terms). If they lose "man", they become freaky darkness monsters, probably unintelligent (like the hoons and midget slashers of--I think--the Pamaltelan jungles). If they lose "darkness", they become humans, and probably after a few generations you can't tell they had troll ancestors.

In the example you give (trollkin adopted by Orlanthi and reproducing through Ernaldan fertility magic), I expect the latter would happen--their children would be much more human than they are (maybe something like tusk riders), and over a few generations, they'd just become human.