Knot Writing

From: Goihl & Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:38:51 +0200

Simon Hibbs:
>It looks like praxian knot writing may have a real-world
>historical equivalent encoded in binary, no less!
>
>http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_medical/story.jsp?story=3D41=
8049

Hy Simon
Nice meeting your wife.
I always assumed that Knot Writing is derived from RW Incan Quipu. I've = mentioned it in talking with Greg but we didn't conclude anything. There was a class of people among the Inca who would remember and = transmit data. They used a system of knots to help them remember things. = I read recently that someone thinks they actually could almost "write" = with it, as we with our writing, instead of using it only to assist = memory.
Anyway, I'm surprised to find out that anyone doesn't already know this. = Somehow I assumed everyone knows basic information about the Inca. Funny = huh? Like there aren't millions of other things to know about. There must be tons of other stuff which many people think are Greg's = ideas but which he adopted from the RW to add to Glorantha.

Daniel

End of Glorantha Digest