Re: Land of Vithela

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:26:20 +0200

T.I & Nick Brooke:

>>Subject: Land of Vithela
>>Mostly from Revealed Mythologies:
>>http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/LandofVithela.htm

> 1. Why don't you submit this to the Lokarnos index? We had over 600
> visitors last week, and there's an "East Isles and Vithela" topic
> *begging* for this kind of material.

Indeed, and it's very nice to see a chronological/regional breakdown like this!

> 2. Sandy said a *lot* more in the Glorontha Con IV transcripts: tune in
> on p.57 for an excellent account of the Waking Magicians (who came at
> the end of the Dawn Age, not the Grey Age). There's more good East Isles
> stuff on pp.55 (Golden Mokato) & 56 (Vormain). Enjoy!

There is also some information about the Waking Magicians in Revealed Mythologies. This is essential as our understanding of Vithelan mythology has changed substantially since GCIV. (In short, the Waking Magicians have been sort of retrofitted into the mystic framework of Vithela in general. A suprisingly easy fit if you ask me!) But, most importantly, the whole dream cycle, which we once thought was universally known in the East Isles is not so, but still important in regions within the Isles.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.