Re: Vithela and Lokarnos

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_weinander.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 22:37:19 +0200

Me & Nick:

>>There is also some information about the Waking Magicians
>>in Revealed Mythologies. This is essential as our understanding
>>of Vithelan mythology has changed substantially since GCIV.

> Mine hasn't, as I can't read the relevant bits of Revealed Mythologies
> without falling into a soporific trance. This is why I find the old
> material by yourself, Sandy & Greg Fried so excellent: it was written
> with game-usability in mind.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I hope to be able to write something gameable, based on the expanded Vithelan knowledge eventually! I think most of the good ideas will fit in there.

RM is indeed best read in small portions at the time. I can add that the passage about the dream mythology and the Waking Magicians is very much unfinished work, in the idea content but even more so in the writing.

T.I. & Nick:

>>As I wrote there,
>>http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/LandofVithela.htm
>><<(2) Vormaino Imperial Houses setting are mostly unofficial of
>>Sandy Petersen (Information Source: Tadaaki Kakegawa and Nils=20
>>Weinander) and Greg might freely alter and change it in future...

> I'm not sure what that means. Sandy Petersen (one of the most prolific
> explorers of Glorantha, a demigod of the GTA, first in Greg's "book of
> people who know Glorantha," and a regional authority on the East Isles
> and Pamaltela) has written and shared a whole *load* of material about
> that part of the world. "Greg might freely alter and change it," yes...
> but until he does it's still there. (Greg freely alters and changes his
> own stuff too, in case you hadn't noticed!)

Absolutely, and I still think that Greg has not changed all that much of the details of the east, but rather added the bigger picture, the underlying world view. As I wrote above, I think that Sandy's wonderful eastern stuff will be in there when Issaries publishes books about the east.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams.