Deneron Council meetings

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 23:14:24 +1200

Keith Nellist:

>I might have missed it but can anyone tell me if there is a date for the
>once-every-47-year Deneron Council. I am thinking that the first one was
>probably
>year 0 S.T. meaning we get one in 47, 94...1316, 1363, 1410....1504, 1551,
>1598, 1645 which means it is a long way off for Heroes in the Hero Wars, but
>might be of interest to those of us who are off the standard time line.

The actual reference is from the fortunate succession in which the Deneron Council is said to have met in 1169 to appeal to the Carmanian Shah (p46). Thus the last meeting was in 1592 and the next meeting in 1639 ST or as the Glorantha Intro says "eighteen years" (p128).

More to the point, I think the council would date itself to the time when Entekos first rose, rather than the Dawn.

--Peter Metcalfe