More Reply to Nick and Nils

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 23:12:01 +0900

More Reply to Nick and Nils

*Vithela and Abzered

<<The "Vithela" chapter of the Glorantha paperback is *packed* with Nils/Sandy/GregF stuff, so why not include relevant bits in your timeline, then try to fit the rest in with any recent Greg-inspired oddities that have sprung up since... unless these novelties have already been junked as part of the Mysticism fiasco, that is :-) >>

I exaggerated, but Nils cared mainly about East Isles rather than Northern annoying parts of Ancient Vithela like Vormain and Kralorela. As Revealed Mythologies hinted, Greg also show his attitude very cautiously to induce main Vithelan Scheme to them for matching. And I need more time to include them, for it is vast volume. Really.

I think Nils and Alex's approach didn't pay enough attention to the relationship between Kralorela and other surrounding countries. And Professor Tolkien said, "if you directly experienced Second World realistically as well as fantastically, you are perfectly deceived no matter the faeries intentinally wanted to do so or not. (you need the reasons to diversity that make the world different from Real World)."

And I and any other japanese are not good at writing about this glorantha "Japan" as Greg Stafford could not write Hero Wars without help of Robin Laws, for Love might overwhelm Possibility and oppress Imagination. And Europeans generally don't know culture of Japan more than ordinary japaneses don't know that of Europe. Maybe illustrated Vormain by non-japanese is weird as well as heortlings described by T.I.......Maybe you might not care such sensitivity.

*Ephemeris for Kralori?

I want to make different approach to Glorantha Sky constellations. In RW....ancient egyptian thought night sky is the world of Evil Gods like Apophis and Set. while Chinese has imagined order of Imperial Court in mirroring their Empire. I know Stephen Martin did excellent work for Praxian night sky, and showed and tolerated great flexibility from the scheme of Elder Secrets of Glorantha and GROY.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1394/ephem.html I don't think each civilized culture of Glorantha thinks that the Night Sky from DH pattern, a city-polis surrounded by wasteland of Desert and Forest.

*Dream Magic and Waking Magicians

I want to try to explain Dream Magic and Waking Magicians plainly. First, Antigod Avanapdur "tricked" eastlanders he is not Antigod and worshippable aspect of Durapdur, but Mashnasan said it is trick.

Second, Keet Mystic Ezel Balurenesh Found Dream Magic before Avanapdur War and he taught it is good way to his Keet people.

Third, After Avanapdur was banished to Dream World, The idea of Oren Parond = Thella appeared, and from him / her, Dream Magic is not always bad and through it, some of East Islanders began to think it is the good way for achieving Enlightenment and Liberation. It was Mirror War. Battle between Glassless Mirror and Black Mirror.

Fourth, Waking Magicians appeared and thinks the Net of Thella and Oren Parond is another trick of Avanapdur and his minion of Iradgenderi for Thella is Avanapdur. And they want to destroy the Short World that combines East Dream Magic.

Fifth, among Waking Magicians appeared schism for their method to break the illusion, Gatherers thinks they should enter into Dawn Gate and destroy Thella, Dividers thinks Net should be unravelled from the End.

BTW, I got impression that Dream Magic is mainly from Keets, not human.....But in the Scenario in Tales #17, Trader Pomalga is Human....what do you think about it?