Re: More Reply to Nick and Nils

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:47:35 -0700

Terra Incognita

> And I and any other japanese are not good at writing about this glorantha
> "Japan" .... Maybe illustrated Vormain by non-japanese is
> weird as well as heortlings described by T.I...

Please remember that Vormain is Japan only in a very superficial sense. Besides, according to Glorantha: Introduction to the Hero Wars, we don't even know what's there! Maybe the Japan analog from the old days has been discarded.

The Hinter Isles are a lot more approachable, and they don't really seem anything like Japan.

> *Ephemeris for Kralori?
> I want to make different approach to Glorantha Sky constellations.
> In RW....ancient egyptian thought night sky is the world of Evil Gods like
> Apophis and Set. while Chinese has imagined order of Imperial Court in
> mirroring their Empire. I know Stephen Martin did excellent work for Praxian
> night sky, and showed and tolerated great flexibility from the scheme of
> Elder Secrets of Glorantha and GROY.

Excellent! I tried to come up with different ways to view the constellations for Stephen's project (for example, stations of a story instead of pictures of creatures), so any new ones would be great.

--

David Dunham
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>