Bozkatang

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:50:36 +0300

Andrew wrote:
>If I may speculate--I think the reason RQ-era sources portray trolls as
>vehemently anti-chaos is, they are mostly written from a human source.

Here, here! Absolutely!

In addition to what you note, in Sartar/Prax the Urox/Storm Bull cults do cooperate occasionally with Zorak Zorani against chaos, so humans know a lot more about that then they do elf-killing or dwarf-killing. So these later are reduced to a basic stereotype ("Oh, trolls hate elves") and fairly trivialized. Clearly, Robert Kaplan helped ghostwrite Trollpak...

Only a select series of narratives makes it into the record, as it were. I'm guessing the early RQ campaigns in California reflected this, rare dealings with uz except for fighting them and on some occasions fighting chaos with 'em.

>P.S. Is it "Bozkatang" or "Boztakang"? I see both on Google. Or is this
>another L[h]ank[h]or M[h]y thing?>

Er, English phonetics don't work well for that darktroll sound? <grin> A better excuse than it's a frequent typo I often make on my web page... it's BozTAkang, yes. (Occasionally, you'll find DaKOri Inkarth on the web, for the same reason...)

For some reason, BozKAtang sounds right to me, and BozTAkang sounds weird, and so when I'm not careful....

Cheers,

James

End of Glorantha Digest