Re: trolls & chaos

From: Jérôme Blondel <jeblondel_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:32:01 +0200

> From: "Andrew Solovay"
> >
> > Don't most trolls hate Vampires because they are Chaotic? (Nasty
> > chaos, of course, not nice chaos like Cave Trolls or Sea Trolls.)
> > Even the Blue Moon trolls are against chaos, aren't they?
>
> Current informed speculation is that to trolls, Chaos is *an* enemy, but not
> *the* enemy. That is (and I'm subject to correction here), to a troll, *the*
> enemy is the Sun/Death. Chaos, like Storm (and any number of other things),
> is an unpleasant, dangerous aspect of Hurtplace that you can nevertheless
> work with if you have to. As you note, Uz are okay with the mildly chaotic
> Cave Trolls.

Maybe chaos creatures are afraid of trolls. I've never heard of any chaos invasion among trolls (in history, mind you). I tend to think that chaos is mostly a human problem. I mean, where humans see the concatenation of all their most horrible vices and fears, and the destruction of the world, trolls just see oozy monsters that failed to destroy the world a while ago and can be, possibly, a major nuisance.

Jérome