Re: trolls & chaos

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:02:17 GMT

>From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=E9r=F4me_Blondel?= <jeblondel_at_free.fr>

>Maybe chaos creatures are afraid of trolls. I've never heard of any
>chaos invasion among trolls (in history, mind you).
>I tend to think that chaos is mostly a human problem. I mean, where
>humans see the concatenation of all their most horrible vices and
>fears, and the destruction of the world, trolls just see oozy monsters
>that failed to destroy the world a while ago and can be, possibly,
>a major nuisance.

I think the only reason trolls might distinguish chaos from anything else is if they can't safely eat it. So if eating chaotic creatures risks making trolls chaotic then they will treat them differently otherwise it's all food.

Vision of troll mother saying to her offspring "Don't put that in your mouth dear, or you'll grow two heads".

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/

End of Glorantha Digest