Re: trolls & chaos

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_rubberducky.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:02:54 -0700

Stephen Tempest <gd_at_stempest.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Speaking personally, IMO, YGMV and all that, but I've always rather
> liked the idea that Chaos is the one enemy that everybody has in
> common, the one foe that can unite even deadly enemies against it.
> Saying that only Heortling humans really care about it, and to other
> cultures Chaos is just another bunch of funny-looking foreigners,
> seems to cheapen the whole thing.

I think that's an overy RQish (or if you prefer, Heortling/Praxian) way of looking at things, isn't it? Lunars clearly don't think chaos is the number one enemy. Elves have always been buddy-buddy with Nysalor. ("He's chaotic, but he's *soo shiny*!") Kralorelans think the whole Order/Chaos thing is bondage to the world of illusion, or somesuch--and Dragons seem to feel the same way. (Way back when, "Cults of Terror" commented on the "famous Dragon neutrality between Order and Chaos", or somethng like that.)

I don't think anyone much likes Broos, or the cult of Krarsht--but perhaps, in most of the world they don't see "broos" and "Krarsht" as being part of a united destroy-the-universe team.