Distinguishing Chaos

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

Simon wrote:

>Obviously not everyone worries about chaos all
>the time, and some people in Glroantha don't think
>about it at all, I don't think that's realy the
>issue.

>I think destroying the universe is usualy such a
>remote idea that it's only realy worried about by
>people who think too much, like scholars,
>philosophers and digest subscribers. There are more
>pressign things to worry about than that.
[snip]

>The same goes for trolls. They know they can co-exist

>with humans and profit from doing so.
[snip]
>Any troll that thinks about this will realise that
>fairly quickly.

I agree with your point about "who worries about such things" -- which is why I would disagree with your point on trolls.

Why would *trolls* be sweating the difference? Humans are fine when you enslave them. Broo aren't. There's a difference, but I doubt the average troll really thinks much about this.

Much the same as the vast majority of college students I teach have no real idea how to, say, define Nazism and Communism, why would Johnny Uz be able to do this either? Solars are bad. Chaos is bad. etc.

Now, absolutely, trolls that *do* think about such things probably do make a difference. Boztakang probably does. Zorak Zorani probably don't. The average troll has nothing to do with humans, broo, and so on, and so it's an abstract question -- and trolls rarely sweat abstract questions...

Cheers,

James