Which Volcano god(ess)(e)(s) ?

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:24:26 +0200

Hello,

Reviewing information on the Volcano god(ess)(e)(s) of Caladraland, I discover and the fact that the literature refers to the goddess Caladra, the god Caladril, the god Calandra, and the goddess Caladra (still female in some paragraphs of the French version of Glorantha, to boot, erroneously I imagine).

I am confused.

Can anyone tell me if these refer to one entity or many, if this is a case of one entity being known by different names over the course of the Ages, if these are subcults of the (male) Caladra cult, and what do the locals call the god who fought against and was temporarily enslaved by Argan Argar during the Storm Age ?

Or is there some other relationship between "Calandra" and "Caladra" that I'm unaware of ?

Is this confusion deliberately illustrative of some kind of GL balls-up ?

Facts, theories, speculation : any answers will be most welcome !! Even extra stuff about Aurelion, to be frank ...

cheers,

Julian Lord