Continuing Chaos Guff

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:56:28 GMT

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_yahoo.com>
>Simon wrote:

>>Likewise if a band of chaotics were spotted moving
>>through clan territory in one area and Yelmies in
>>another, 9 times out of 10 the trolls would target
>>the chaotics first.
>Sure, *if* the chaotics are a bigger threat. A couple
>of broo in the hunting grounds isn't worse than a band
>of Yelmies near the heartland. If the Yelmists are
>worse, *IMO* 9 out of 10 trolls want to kill them
>first.

Wouldn't they try to get them to fight each other and then beat up the survivors?

>And frex, because no one noted it: is the Moonbroth
>thing completely non-canon? FWIW, if the freakin'
>Praxians can ally with Chaos, the "All chaos is bad
>chaos" argument seems flawed. But I remember it was
>TotRM, so it may not be canon...

It seems to me that most cultures will ally with chaotic beings at need although individual cults (Storm Bull, Zorak Zoran) and people will not. Even then there's a bit of "I'll leave fighting those broo until we've got rid of the Lunars".

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/